Export to PDF
Healthy Recipe : Fish Balls
Last updated on 2021-08-24T02:54:56 by Olayemi Michael Bsc (nutrition and dietetics)
Fish Balls are dish popular in southern China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iceland and Taiwan. I choose the recipe owing to it richness in protein, vitamins and minerals. It is very nutrient dense and can be practice easily at home.
- 1 lb. white fish
- 1 egg
- 3 oz. (2/3 cup) cornflour (cornstarch)
- ¼ pint (5/8 cup) fish stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
You may like : Vitamin K, Uses and Health Benefit
- Skin and bone the fish; chop the flesh finely
- Beat the egg and add to the fish with the cornflour (cornstarch)
- Beat well until smooth and evenly blended
- Put the fish stock, lemon juice and oil in a shallow pan, bring to the boil.
- Chop the spring onions (scallions) and crush the garlic, add to the stock, bring back to the boil.
- Shape the fish mixture into small balls, each the size of a pigeon’s egg.
Lower the fish balls, a few at time, into the stock, and cook gently for about 5 minutes. Lift out and drain.
Try Nutrisoft free service
Ask a nutritionist