Export to PDF
41 Foods High in Fiber-Healthy Foods
Fiber rich foods are so cool for the gut health, I remember having an intestinal problem long time ago and I have to take more fibers for easy bowel movement. Today I'm going to show you 41 foods high in fiber. Likely actions of fiber in the body and health benefits.
Let's dive in
Fruits rich in fiber and their total dietary fiber content
|Fruits||Total dietary Fiber per 100g (g)|
Grains High in Fiber and their total dietary fiber content
|Grains||Total Dietary Fiber per 100g (g)|
Vegetables and Legumes Rich in Fiber and Their Fiber Content
|Vegetables||Total Dietary fiber per 100g (g)|
Roles of Fiber in Human Body
- Lower blood cholesterol by binding bile
- Slow glucose absorption
- Slow transit of food through upper GI tract
- Hold moisture in stools, soften them
- Yield small fat molecules after fermentation that the colon can use for energy
- Increase fecal weight and spread fecal passage through colon
- Provide bulk and feelings of fullness<
Health Benefits of Fiber
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Alleviate constipation
- May help with weight management
The Institute of Medicine recommends 38 grams per day for men and 25 grams for women.
Fiber is indeed wonderful and I recommend selecting from the lists of food above, we can easily add it to our daily food consumption.
You feel some other foods should be added? you can comment the food in the comment box.
Will you like to talk to a nutritionist about your eating lifestyle, use our free service ask a nutritionist
Created: 07-Jan-2021updated on 2021-03-08T14:41:34